Position: Systems Engineer
- Salary: £55,000-£65,000 DOE
- Full Time
Who we are: SubSea Craft is a fast growing, privately-funded, UK-based SME delivering Advanced Maritime Technology. We leverage our team’s defence experience with cross-industry partnerships in the field of advanced naval engineering. Our flagship product, VICTA, is a Diver Delivery Unit – a surface submersible craft designed to operate at speed over range and capable of rapid transition beneath the surface to operate submerged, enabling the discreet delivery and recovery of divers. It is a unique, innovative British product focused primarily on the defence market but with utility beyond.
What we offer:
- Private Healthcare with optional family cover
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Critical Illness Cover
- Unlimited Paid Holiday
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Pension contribution
- Flexible Working
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
Responsibilities will include:
- Define and develop craft wide requirements and relationships, including specifications for components and system architecture.
- Work closely with stakeholders and customers to gather, analyse, and manage system and user requirements.
- Establish traceability between requirements, system design and testing to ensure alignment throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and refine system architectures that align with maritime defence requirements.
- Define and document system specifications, ensuring compatibility with naval and maritime environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including mechanical, electrical, and control engineers, to achieve integrated and cohesive system solutions.
- Facilitate communication and understanding among our diverse engineering disciplines.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, ensuring the reliability and resilience of deployed systems. Specifically, FMEA and FTA.
- Ensure that developed systems comply with relevant maritime defence standards and regulations.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technological advancements to maintain compliance with emerging standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in Systems Engineering with a focus on the maritime defence sector.
- Experience with relevant regulatory requirements and industry standards for marine systems and equipment. In particular, experience designing for class approval against Lloyds Register or DNV-GL is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of maritime defence technologies, and operational requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven experience throughout the design, development, and testing stages of maritime platforms.
- Successful track record of working on complex projects with interdisciplinary teams.
- Desirable to have knowledge and experience working with safety accreditation, ideally IEC 61508.
- Desirable to be conversant with Jira and Confluence
Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at SubSea Craft, the selected candidate must be capable of meeting the security requirements of the position, which would include as a minimum Existing right to live and work in the UK, Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), with Security Check likely for specific projects.*
Values: Our people are our greatest asset, we continually strive to provide an excellent working environment to enable our team to do their best work. We have an agile professional workforce: we are founded on the belief that our people are valued and our business is trusted, inclusive and commercially-adept.
What we expect from you:
- Teamwork, mutual respect and collaboration
- Initiative and independent working
- Honesty and integrity
- Business and commercial awareness
- Agility, adaptability and continuous development
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for an interview we will aim to contact you within 14 days of your application or the closing date (if stated). However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future. Please let us know if you do not wish us to keep your details on file.
*Please note that DBS, Driving Licence and reference checks will be carried out and all offers of employment are subject to meeting our requirements.