Trials Team Leader
Position: Trials Team Leader
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Who we are: SubSea Craft is a fast growing, privately-funded, UK-based SME delivering Advanced Maritime Technology. We leverage our team’s defence experience with cross-industry partnerships in the field of advanced naval engineering. Our flagship product, VICTA, is a Diver Delivery Unit - a surface submersible craft designed to operate at speed over range and capable of rapid transition beneath the surface to operate submerged, enabling the discreet delivery and recovery of divers. It is a unique, innovative British product focused primarily on the defence market but with utility beyond.
Full Time Position for a driven and pro-active person with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills.
This role will lead the Commissioning, Test and Trials Team and will have exposure to the following areas of the business:
- Commissioning, Test and Trials
- Craft Operations
- Project Management
- Health and Safety and Environment
- Quality Management
- Through Life Capability Management and Training
Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Production Director, responsible for leading the Commissioning, Test and Trials Team- across multiple sites
- Leading and conducting trials and verifying compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Producing all trials documentation.
- Hold suitable tickets and qualifications to enable safe and efficient trials to take place in sheltered and offshore waters.
- Coordinate logistics with craft and trials requirements, including but not limited to Transportation, Lifting and Craning, Containers, Marine Operations.
- Consult with the Health and Safety team to provide Risk Assessments and Method Statements for Trials tasks. You must have a good understanding of industry HSE practices relevant to job role.
- Have the ability to meet set deadlines and to understand when problems need to be referred upwards.
- Have the ability to organise and present information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Fully familiar with permit to work systems, isolation procedures and safety management systems.
- Coordinate the testing and certification of Life Saving Equipment, LOLER and PUWER compliant equipment and maintain up to date records via the Company Quality Management System
- Maintain Workshop and Trials Site house-keeping to a high level ensuring a Safe, Clean and Tidy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to pass information clearly and accurately
- A Team player but also the ability to work independently
- Strong leadership, motivational and mediation skills, and the ability to take initiative without guidance
- Exemplary customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams
- A goal-oriented mindset and good organisational skills
- The ability to understand and apply feedback on work performance.
- Adaptable - maintaining established process whilst initiating and driving change and efficiencies.
- Collaborative and proactive / 'can-do’ working style.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Capable of helming various high speed small craft suitable for conducting trials as demonstrated by RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence or equivalent.
- RYA Marine Radio SRC
- Understanding of Health and Safety Certificate to a minimum standard of IOSH Working Safely or equivalent.
- Good understanding of LOLER and PUWER compliance
- Maritime experience or background
- Overhead lifting and slinging qualification
- Forklift qualification
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills are essential
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Appointed Person: Lifting Operations (APLO) Qualification
- HGV Licence
- Experience of Emergency Response Management
- Experience of supporting Diving Operations
- NVQ Marine Engineer or higher
Due to our organisational set-up we are looking for a robust individual that is as happy working autonomously as working collaboratively as part of a team.
Location: Portsmouth with potentially longer periods in Portland conducting Test and Trials.
Values: Our people are our greatest asset, we continually strive to provide an excellent working environment to enable our team to do their best work. We have an agile professional workforce: we are founded on the belief that our people are valued and our business is trusted, inclusive and commercially-adept
What we expect from you:
- Teamwork, mutual respect and collaboration
- Initiative and independent working
- Honesty and integrity
- Business and commercial awareness
- Agility, adaptability and continuous development
What we offer:
- Private Healthcare
- Share Options
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Holiday
- Gym on site in Portsmouth
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Pension contribution
- Flexible Working
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering message to [email protected].
If you are interested in any of our other open positions, please consult our careers page: https://subseacraft.com/careers/.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for an interview we will aim to contact you within 14 days of your application or the closing date (if stated). However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future. Please let us know if you do not wish us to keep your details on file.