Quality Control Manager
Position: Quality Control Manager
Salary: £45k-£55k DOE
Who we are: Subsea Craft is a fast growing, privately-funded, UK-based SME delivering Advanced Maritime Technology. We leverage our team’s defence experience with cross-industry partnerships in the field of advanced naval engineering. Our flagship product, VICTA, is a Diver Delivery Unit - a surface submersible craft designed to operate at speed over range and capable of rapid transition beneath the surface to operate submerged, enabling the discreet delivery and recovery of divers. It is a unique, innovative British product focused primarily on the defence market but with utility beyond.
What we are looking for: Full Time Position for a driven and pro-active person with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills. This role will support the Production and Manufacturing Team and will have exposure to the following areas of the business:
- Commissioning, Test and Trials
- Craft Operations
- Project Management
- Health and Safety and Environment
- Quality Management
- Through Life Capability Management and Training
- Reporting to the Production Director and supporting the Production and Manufacturing Team
- Working with production, design and development to establish suitable standards of quality for products in accordance with applicable legislation
- Working with production, design and development to develop and implement production standards to ensure products meet quality specifications agreed for the product.
- Monitor production operations to ensure that they meet the production standards.
- Inspect, test and measure materials and components to ensure that the items delivered are to the correct specifications as per the designed items.
- Report all inspection data to the relevant departments to ensure that weights, information and quality of items are appropriate and correct to standards expected or specified.
- Have an in depth understanding of the design and manufacturing documentation in order to monitor and ensure that the production processes are implemented correctly.
- Have the ability and confidence to recommend and implement adjustments and improvements to the assembly and production processes.
- Consult with the Health and Safety team to provide Risk Assessments and Method Statements. A good understanding of industry HSE practices would be an advantage.
- Work with contractors and business partners to carry out product inspections and quality assurance as required.
- Fully familiar with permit to work systems, isolation procedures and safety management systems.
- Maintain Workshop and Trials Site house-keeping to a high level ensuring a Safe, Clean and Tidy environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to pass information clearly and accurately
- Have the ability to meet set deadlines and to understand when problems need to be referred upwards.
- Have the ability to organise and present information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Strong leadership, motivational and mediation skills, and the ability to take initiative without guidance
- Exemplary customer service and strong interpersonal skillss
- A goal-oriented mindset and good organisational skills
- Willingness to tackle challenges to solve problems.
- Great attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- The ability to understand and apply feedback on work performance.
- Adaptable - maintaining established process whilst initiating and driving change and efficiencies.
- Collaborative and proactive / 'can-do’ working style.
- Advanced maritime composite manufacturing experience is essential (Carbon Fibre) both infused and prepreg.
- Marine production and assembly knowledge essential
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Good understanding of HSE regulations
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams
- Appointed Person: Lifting Operations (APLO) Qualification
- HGV License
- Experience of Emergency Response Management
- Experience of supporting Diving Operations
- RYA Level 2 Powerboat
- RYA Marine Radio
- NVQ Marine Engineer or higher
Due to our organisational set-up we are looking for a robust individual that is as happy working autonomously as working collaboratively as part of a team.
Location: Portsmouth with some travel to Portland in support of craft operations and Test and Trials periods.
Values: Our people are our greatest asset, we continually strive to provide an excellent working environment to enable our team to do their best work. We have an agile professional workforce: we are founded on the belief that our people are valued and our business is trusted, inclusive and commercially-adept.
What we expect from you:
- Teamwork, mutual respect and collaboration
- Initiative and independent working
- Honesty and integrity
- Business and commercial awareness
- Agility, adaptability and continuous development
What we offer:
- Private Healthcare
- Share Options
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Holiday
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Pension contribution
- Flexible Working
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application. Please bear in mind that if you are selected for an interview we will aim to contact you within 14 days of your application or the closing date (if stated). However, if we think that your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future. Please let us know if you do not wish us to keep your details on file.