Position: Operations Coordinator
- Salary: £37k-£40k DOE
- Full Time
Who we are: Subsea Craft is a fast growing, privately-funded, UK-based SME delivering Advanced Maritime Technology. We leverage our team’s defence experience with cross-industry partnerships in the field of advanced naval engineering. Our flagship product, VICTA, is a Diver Delivery Unit - a surface submersible craft designed to operate at speed over range and capable of rapid transition beneath the surface to operate submerged, enabling the discreet delivery and recovery of divers. It is a unique, innovative British product focused primarily on the defence market but with utility beyond.
Full Time Position for a driven and pro-active person with exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills.
This role will support the Operations and Delivery Team and will have exposure to the following areas of the business:
- Commissioning, Test and Trials
- Craft Operations
- Project Management
- Health and Safety and Environment
- Quality Management
- Through Life Capability Management and Training
- You will report to the Project Manager and support the Operations and Delivery Team
- Provide support to and be a part of the combined Test and Trials Team (Craft Operations, Engineering and Business Development) during periods of Craft Testing and Commissioning
- Coordinate logistics in accordance with craft requirements, including but not limited to Transportation, Lifting and Craning, Containers, Marine Operations
- Coordinate equipment and plant requirements at Company Sites
- Consult with the Health and Safety team to provide Risk Assessments and Method Statements for Operations tasks. You must have a good understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to job role
- Work with contractors and business partners to arrange operations and logistics support where required.
- Have the ability to meet set deadlines and to understand when problems need to be referred upwards
- Have the ability to organise and present information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Fully familiar with permit to work systems, isolation procedures and safety management systems
- Coordinate the craft vehicle and trailer maintenance requirements.
- Coordinate the testing and certification of Life Saving Equipment, LOLER and PUWER compliant equipment and maintain up to date records via the Company Quality Management System
- Maintain Workshop and Trials Site house-keeping to a high level ensuring a Safe, Clean and Tidy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to pass information clearly and accurately
- A Team player but also the ability to work independently
- Strong leadership, motivational and mediation skills, and the ability to take initiative without guidance
- Exemplary customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams
- A goal-oriented mindset and good organisational skills
- Willingness to tackle challenges to solve problems.
- Great attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- The ability to understand and apply feedback on work performance.
- Adaptable - maintaining established process whilst initiating and driving change and efficiencies.
- Collaborative and proactive / 'can-do’ working style.
- Full UK Driving License
- Health and Safety Certificate to a minimum standard of IOSH Working Safely or equivalent.
- Good understanding of LOLER and PUWER compliance
- Maritime experience or background
- Overhead lifting and slinging qualification
- Forklift qualification
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills are essential
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Appointed Person: Lifting Operations (APLO) Qualification
- HGV License
- Experience of Emergency Response Management
- Experience of supporting Diving Operations
- RYA Level 2 Powerboat
- RYA Marine Radio
- NVQ Marine Engineer or higher
Due to our organisational set-up we are looking for a robust individual that is as happy working autonomously as working collaboratively as part of a team.
Location: Portsmouth with some travel to Portland in support of craft operations and Test and Trials periods.
Values: Our people are our greatest asset, we continually strive to provide an excellent working environment to enable our team to do their best work. We have an agile professional workforce: we are founded on the belief that our people are valued and our business is trusted, inclusive and commercially-adept.
What we expect from you:
- Teamwork, mutual respect and collaboration
- Initiative and independent working
- Honesty and integrity
- Business and commercial awareness
- Agility, adaptability and continuous development
What we offer:
- Private Healthcare
- Share Options
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Holiday
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Pension contribution
- Flexible Working
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at SubSea Craft, the selected candidate must be capable of meeting the security requirements of the position, which would include as a minimum the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), with Security Check likely for specific projects.