Key Relationship Manager
Who we are: SubSea Craft is a fast growing, privately-funded, UK-based SME delivering Advanced Maritime Technology. We leverage our team’s defence experience with cross-industry partnerships in the field of advanced naval engineering. Our flagship product, VICTA, is a Diver Delivery Unit - a surface submersible craft designed to operate at speed over range and capable of rapid transition beneath the surface to operate submerged, enabling the discreet delivery and recovery of divers. It is a unique, innovative British product focused primarily on the defence market but with utility beyond.
SubSea Craft is looking for an enthusiastic Key Relationship Manager to assist us and our clients understand their specific capability requirements and ensure that we deliver a solution that matches. Working within and supported by the Business Development team, you will own one or two relationships with defined countries who have already expressed an interest in VICTA, our flagship product, and are making their way through the procurement process. You will be the main point of contact for parts of client governments, militaries and their user communities.
We are looking for someone with excellent customer relationship skills and an understanding of military mindsets. You will create a project plan as the basis of eventual programme delivery. On the basis of your interactions with the client, you will play a key role in shaping what is offered and delivered.
The post would suit someone who is leaving the military after 5-10 years service, is looking for a challenging and exciting role, and is located on the South Coast, or a former military person looking to return to the workforce after a career break. SubSea is an equal opportunities employer and committed to building a more diverse and representative community.
You will be responsible for:
- Build and maintain strong positive working relationships with clients.
- Leading the planning to develop the clients business needs and eventual delivery of a capability.
- Creating opportunities and plans to engage with the client to build trust, partnership and eventual sale
- Provide informal briefs to the internal team about the state of the relationship with the client and report progress of the requirements and bidding process.
- Prepare for, schedule and manage formal project review meetings.
- Build an understanding of the clients in-country decision-making system, focused on their procurement/acquisition processes in order to improve information flows and anticipate activity for bids.
- With support from the Client Solutions team, manage stakeholder mapping, influence charts and communications strategy for your clients.
- Develop briefings, presentations and updates and present them to internal and external audiences.
- Attend meetings and events to support the client and the company (this is likely to require a degree of overseas travel).
Qualifications and Experience
- Show you understand how to build and grow a key relationship.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of technology.
- Ability to work autonomously/.
- Superior MS Office.
What we're looking for in you:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, frequently without supervision
- Culture is important to us, and all employees must want to be part of our family
- Capable of coherent verbal and written communication with a wide range of stakeholders
- Capable of prioritising to ensure focus on clients
- Team player
- Excellent written English skills
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering message to email@example.com.
To explore more exciting careers with SubSea Craft, please see: https://subseacraft.com/careers/.