Assistant Commercial Officer
Position: Assistant Commercial Officer
Who we are: SubSea Craft is a fast growing, privately-funded, UK-based SME delivering Advanced Maritime Technology. We leverage our team’s defence experience with cross-industry partnerships in the field of advanced naval engineering. Our flagship product, VICTA, is a Diver Delivery Unit - a surface submersible craft designed to operate at speed over range and capable of rapid transition beneath the surface to operate submerged, enabling the discreet delivery and recovery of divers. It is a unique, innovative British product focused primarily on the defence market but with utility beyond.
Responsibilities will include:
· Drafting and negotiating NDAs.
· Electronic filing.
· Assisting with the drafting and implementation of company policies.
· Liaising with the Business Development team and assisting with third party intermediaries.
· Legal research.
· Assistance in patent and trademark management.
· Assisting in drafting and negotiating supply chain agreements.
· Reinforcing SubSea Craft’s anti-corruption and bribery policy through implementation and maintenance of adequate measures.
· Completing contract summaries for new and existing contracts.
· Contract administration.
· Updating and maintaining the contract register.
· Update relevant documentation within the Quality Management System.
· Review and drafting of terms and conditions as required.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with both external and internal customers.
· Attending and contributing towards internal and external meetings as required.
· Assisting the CCO and Head of Commercial as required from time to time in day to day activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Educated to degree level in a field related to law or equivalent work experience.
· Use of Lexis Nexis.
· Experience of a work environment.
· Some commercial work experience is desirable but not essential.
Values: Our people are our greatest asset, we continually strive to provide an excellent working environment to enable our team to do their best work. We have an agile professional workforce: we are founded on the belief that our people are valued and our business is trusted, inclusive and commercially-adept.
What we expect from you:
- Making things happen - A sense of determination and positivity is a must for working with us. This behaviour is evident when you act with passion to deliver on time and in the most efficient manner.
- Working Together - We rely on constructive negotiation, collaboration and compromise to reach solutions. Everyone has the responsibility to show initiative whilst listening to the feedback of others.
- Embracing Change - The only constant in a business like ours is change. We ask that you respond positively and flexibly to it, embracing the opportunities presented.
- Driving for Excellence - We require the highest standards of professionalism in everything we do and work together as a team to achieve this.
What we offer:
- Private Healthcare
- Share Options
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited Paid Holiday
- Gym on site in Portsmouth
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Pension contribution
- Flexible Working
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a covering message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in any of our other open positions, please consult our careers page: https://subseacraft.com/careers/.